Why Do Florida Houses Have Cages?
Florida is known for its beautiful weather and abundant wildlife, but it also has its fair share of pests and critters. To protect their homes and outdoor living spaces from these unwelcome intruders, many Floridians have embraced the idea of installing cages around their houses. These cages, commonly referred to as “Florida cages,” serve multiple purposes and have become a popular feature in the state. In this article, we will explore the reasons behind this unique phenomenon and answer some frequently asked questions about Florida cages.
Reasons for Installing Florida Cages:
1. Pest Control: One of the primary reasons why Florida houses have cages is to keep out pests such as mosquitoes, flies, and other insects. Florida’s warm and humid climate provides the perfect breeding ground for these annoying bugs. By installing a cage around their house, homeowners can enjoy the outdoors without being constantly bothered by these pests.
2. Wildlife Protection: Florida is home to various wildlife species, including snakes, alligators, raccoons, and birds. While these creatures can be fascinating to observe from a distance, they can also pose a threat to humans and their property. Florida cages act as a barrier, preventing these animals from entering the premises and causing any harm.
3. Security: Florida cages also provide an additional layer of security for homeowners. By enclosing their outdoor spaces, residents can keep intruders and trespassers at bay. This added security measure gives homeowners peace of mind, especially when they are away from home for an extended period.
4. Pool Safety: Florida is known for its extensive network of swimming pools. To ensure the safety of children and pets, many homeowners install cages around their pools. These enclosures act as a protective barrier, preventing accidental drownings and keeping wildlife away from the pool area.
5. Weather Protection: Florida is prone to severe weather events, such as hurricanes and tropical storms. Florida cages can help protect the home’s exterior, including windows, doors, and other vulnerable areas, from debris and strong winds. These enclosures provide an extra layer of defense against potential storm damage.
FAQs about Florida Cages:
Q1. Are Florida cages only used in residential properties?
A1. No, Florida cages are also commonly used in commercial properties, such as restaurants, hotels, and resorts, to protect outdoor dining areas and other facilities.
Q2. What materials are typically used to build Florida cages?
A2. Florida cages are usually constructed using sturdy materials like aluminum or steel frames with mesh screens. This combination ensures durability and longevity, even in Florida’s harsh weather conditions.
Q3. Do Florida cages require maintenance?
A3. Yes, like any other structure, Florida cages require regular maintenance. This includes cleaning the screens, inspecting for any damages or tears, and ensuring the structure is secure and stable.
Q4. Are Florida cages customizable?
A4. Yes, Florida cages can be customized to fit the specific needs and preferences of homeowners. They can be tailored in terms of size, design, and color to blend seamlessly with the existing architecture and landscaping.
Q5. Do Florida cages obstruct the view?
A5. While Florida cages are designed to provide protection, they are also built to allow for unobstructed views. The mesh screens used in their construction are often transparent, allowing homeowners to enjoy the surrounding scenery.
In conclusion, Florida cages have become a common sight in the state due to their numerous benefits. From pest control and wildlife protection to providing an extra layer of security and weather protection, these enclosures offer practical solutions for Florida homeowners. Whether it’s for enjoying outdoor living spaces or ensuring pool safety, Florida cages have proven to be a valuable addition to Florida houses.