How Far Is Trumann, Arkansas?
Trumann, Arkansas is a small city located in Poinsett County, in the northeastern part of the state. It is situated approximately 30 miles northwest of Jonesboro, Arkansas, and 100 miles northeast of Little Rock, the state capital. Trumann is conveniently located near major highways, making it easily accessible for both residents and visitors.
Surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of the Arkansas Delta, Trumann offers a charming small-town atmosphere with a rich history and a tight-knit community. If you’re planning a visit to this part of Arkansas or considering making Trumann your new home, it’s important to know how far it is from other major cities and attractions. In this article, we will provide you with all the essential information you need about Trumann’s location and how to get there.
Distance from Major Cities:
1. Jonesboro, Arkansas: Trumann is situated approximately 30 miles northwest of Jonesboro, the largest city in northeastern Arkansas. The drive from Jonesboro to Trumann takes around 30 minutes via US-63 N.
2. Little Rock, Arkansas: The state capital, Little Rock, is located approximately 100 miles southwest of Trumann. The drive from Little Rock to Trumann takes roughly two hours via I-40 E and US-67 N.
3. Memphis, Tennessee: Trumann is situated approximately 70 miles northeast of Memphis, Tennessee. The drive from Memphis to Trumann takes approximately one hour and 15 minutes via I-40 W and US-63 N.
4. St. Louis, Missouri: Trumann is situated approximately 220 miles southeast of St. Louis, Missouri. The drive from St. Louis to Trumann takes around three and a half hours via I-55 S.
How to Get to Trumann:
By Car: Trumann is easily accessible by car due to its proximity to major highways. If you are traveling from Jonesboro, Little Rock, Memphis, or St. Louis, you can reach Trumann by following the directions mentioned above.
By Air: If you prefer to travel by air, the nearest major airport to Trumann is the Memphis International Airport (MEM) in Memphis, Tennessee. From there, you can rent a car or arrange for alternative transportation to reach Trumann.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
1. What is the population of Trumann, Arkansas?
As of the latest census data in 2020, the population of Trumann, Arkansas, is approximately 7,000 residents.
2. What are the main attractions in Trumann?
Trumann offers several attractions for visitors and residents alike. Some popular attractions include Cedar Park, a lovely park for outdoor activities, the Trumann Museum, which showcases the city’s history, and the Trumann Sports Complex, which offers various sports and recreational facilities.
3. Are there any hotels or accommodations in Trumann?
Yes, Trumann has a few hotels and accommodations for visitors. Some options include Days Inn by Wyndham Trumann AR, Super 8 by Wyndham Trumann AR, and Trumann Inn and Suites.
4. Are there any restaurants or dining options in Trumann?
Trumann has several dining options to satisfy various tastes. Some popular restaurants include Catfish Island, La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant, and Chow Hall BBQ.
5. Are there any annual events or festivals in Trumann?
Yes, Trumann hosts various annual events and festivals. Some notable ones include the Trumann Wild Duck Festival, which celebrates the city’s hunting and outdoor traditions, and the Trumann Farmer’s Market, which offers fresh produce and local goods.
In conclusion, Trumann, Arkansas, is a charming city located in the heart of the Arkansas Delta. Whether you’re planning a visit or looking for a new place to call home, knowing the distance from major cities and attractions is crucial. Trumann offers a convenient location, making it easily accessible by car or air. With its rich history, friendly community, and range of attractions, Trumann is definitely worth a visit.