How Far Is Evansville, Indiana From Me?
Evansville, Indiana is a vibrant city located in the southwestern corner of the state. It serves as the county seat of Vanderburgh County and is the third-largest city in Indiana. With its rich history, diverse culture, and numerous attractions, Evansville has become a popular destination for tourists and residents alike. Whether you’re planning a visit or considering a move to this charming city, you may be wondering just how far Evansville is from your current location. In this article, we will explore the distances from major cities and provide answers to some frequently asked questions about Evansville, Indiana.
Distances from Major Cities:
1. Indianapolis, Indiana: Evansville is approximately 171 miles southwest of Indianapolis, taking about 2 hours and 45 minutes by car.
2. Louisville, Kentucky: Located across the Ohio River, Evansville is about 126 miles west of Louisville, taking around 2 hours by car.
3. Nashville, Tennessee: Evansville is approximately 157 miles southwest of Nashville, with a driving time of about 2 hours and 45 minutes.
4. St. Louis, Missouri: Evansville is approximately 171 miles east of St. Louis, taking about 3 hours by car.
5. Chicago, Illinois: Located in the northern part of the state, Evansville is roughly 311 miles southeast of Chicago, with a driving time of approximately 5 hours.
FAQs about Evansville, Indiana:
1. What is the population of Evansville?
As of the 2020 census, the estimated population of Evansville is around 118,930. It is the largest city in southern Indiana and continues to grow steadily.
2. What are some popular attractions in Evansville?
Evansville offers a wide range of attractions for visitors and residents. Some popular destinations include the Evansville Museum of Arts, History, and Science, Mesker Park Zoo and Botanic Garden, Angel Mounds State Historic Site, and the Tropicana Evansville Casino.
3. Is Evansville a safe city to visit?
Evansville has a relatively low crime rate compared to other cities of similar size. However, as with any urban area, it is always advisable to take necessary precautions and be aware of your surroundings.
4. What is the weather like in Evansville?
Evansville experiences a humid subtropical climate, characterized by hot summers and mild winters. Summers are typically hot and humid, with temperatures often exceeding 90°F (32°C). Winters are generally mild, with occasional snowfall.
5. Are there any notable colleges or universities in Evansville?
Yes, Evansville is home to the University of Evansville, a private university known for its strong programs in the arts, sciences, and business. It also boasts the University of Southern Indiana, a public university offering a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs.
6. How is the local food scene in Evansville?
Evansville has a thriving culinary scene, offering a variety of dining options to suit every taste. From local favorites like the iconic brain sandwich and fried biscuits to international cuisines, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
In conclusion, Evansville, Indiana is a vibrant city with a rich history and numerous attractions. Whether you’re planning a visit or considering a move, knowing the distance from your current location can help you plan accordingly. With its convenient location and diverse offerings, Evansville is definitely worth exploring.