Let us review these executive actions that are going to make us all much safer from gun violence. A thing which most of us do not encounter anyway. My comments are in blue.. obviously.
Today, the President announced:
Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
- Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system. Really? Making guns a healthcare issue? Making another "Big Brother" database? Big deal.
- Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system. Believe me, if you commit a crime, it goes into NCIC. So, this is redundant.
- Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. Of course, "dangerous" is fungible to people like Obama. Perhaps all "bitter clingers" could be "dangerous" or anyone who won't vote for Obama or is a "birther."
- Propose rule making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun. Before returning a seized gun? One that was already purchased with a background check? Useless excuse to get more control. If someone is a felon, they won't return his firearm. DUH?
- Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. So, this is a bit fascist, and I doubt there will be much compliance in terms of people selling guns to each other or giving them as gifts. More useless liberal layers of BS.
- Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign. Oh Please. Now you're going to compete with the NRA, CMP, and other similar organizations? Waste.
- Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission). Yeah, psycho med head kids who are children of LIBOR witnesses really go out of their way to deal with gun locks and safes when they go on shooting sprees.
- Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations. CLUELESS. This happens anyway.
- Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement. What? The DOJ has a report on such things it has been refusing to share with local law enforcement agencies? CLUELESS.
- Nominate an ATF director. Political wonk move.
- Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. What "proper training" ? How about putting them through 832 PC / Basic Peace Officer's Training? There are academies all over the country at Community Colleges, etc. MORE B*******, Obama has no clue about this.
- Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. Reactive. What exactly are you planning to do, Obama to "prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime" that we don't already do? We do prosecute gun crimes, DUH?
- Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. Lets hope the Mental Health and Behavioral Health divisions look at the destruction caused by your Atheist, Liberal and Communist viewpoints. Let alone the Hollywood crowd.
- Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies. New gun safety? The old safety method works well enough, how about not raising monster, psycho children?
- Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. It also doesn't require patients answer you. It also doesn't prohibit them asking me if I use Charmin toilet paper, BFD.
- Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. As ostensibly moral individuals, they would anyway, beyond the requirements on domestic violence and child abuse. However, a letter reminding them nothing prohibits them from..? Thats as weak as Kleenex in the rain.
- Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. Is this some new Commie term? "Resource Officer" ? How about "armed guard" "off duty Police Officer" and such like that?
- Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education. Oh brother. No, Police and Fire departments and SWAT teams have never ever responded to these things before. Hey, Mastermind, the local, boots on the ground officers are going to be more in tune with their locale than you ever will be.
- Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover. Medicaid? REALLY? MEDICAID? We don't need no steenking Medicaid, we gots ObamaCare! Oh, and "clarifying" coverage? Oh, damn, wow, that would have stopped our too latest shootings.
- Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges. Ooo, the full weight of Obamacare is gonna help with benefits too. What BS.
- Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations. Fund your friends again?
- Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health. So, looks like you've identified it as a mental health issue? These two "secretaries" couldn't think their way out of a wet diaper.
Lets follow the money, and see which unions and other contributors Barry wants to "help" now..
- $4 billion for the president’s proposal “to help keep 15,000 cops on the streets in cities and towns across the country.” (That is roughly $266,000 per police officer.)
- $20 million to “give states stronger incentives to make [relevant] data available [for background checks] … “$50 million for this purpose in FY2014”
- “$14 million to help train 14,000 more police officers and other public and private personnel to respond to active shooter situations.”
- “$10 million for the Centers for Disease Control to conduct further research, including investigating the relationship between video games, media images, and violence.”
- “$20 million to expand the National Violent Death Reporting System.”
- “$150 million to “put up to 1,000 new school resource officers and school counselors on the job.”