Patriot Action Network

Standing against big government and for the people!

Whoaaa there! According to the HuffPo, Obama To Unveil Gun Control Reforms ...Here goes the 2nd Amendment down a "slippery slope!"

A big heads up on this one, and I quote: "... executive actions offer something that legislation doesn't: guaranteed results. And as one gun control advocate told the Huffington Post, there are ways to "use these administrative changes to obtain similar results.'" "only executive orders or administrative actions -- and not an actual bill -- are expected to be handed to Congress," and when asked, "Carney would only say "not far in the future." Another administration official said weeks would be an appropriate measurement." Who said they wouldn't try it. Now they are dissing SCOTUS, congress, AND the American People. Are we there yet? Please help watch closely. It will happen in the dark of night, very soon to all the naysayers. Once disarmed, we are a country of sheep. Ask Australia and England, for starters!

Obama To Unveil Gun Control Reforms In Near Future
First Posted: 7/7/11 05:31 PM ET Updated: 7/8/11 04:15 PM ET

WASHINGTON -- Half a year after the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), the Obama administration is set to release a series of reforms to the current gun law, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Thursday.

The reforms, which are being crafted by the Department of Justice, come after a series of meetings with relevant stakeholders in the Second Amendment debate. But in a nod to the difficulties of getting legislation through a Republican-run House of Representatives, only executive orders or administrative actions -- and not an actual bill -- are expected to be handed to Congress.

Administration officials were coy on the specifics, from the reforms the Department of Justice would recommend or when it would actually make those recommendations.

"The president directed the Attorney General to form working groups with key stakeholders to identify common sense measures that would improve American safety and security while fully respecting Second Amendment rights," Carney said at Thursday's briefing. "That process is well underway at the Department of Justice with stakeholders on all sides working through these complex issues and we expect to have more specific announcements in the near future."

Just how near? Carney would only say "not far in the future." Another administration official said weeks would be an appropriate measurement.

When the recommendations do come, it will represent the most comprehensive move on the gun control front from this administration to date. The president has largely punted on the issue since entering the White House, save issuing carefully worded reactions to Supreme Court rulings on local gun laws or bans.

The Giffords shooting had, seemingly, upped the pressure to implement reforms. Obama himself used the occasion to pen an op-ed for the Arizona Daily Star advocating for stronger state-to-state coordination with respect to gun data, expedited background checks and greater enforcement of the laws already on the books. The Department of Justice meetings commenced not too long later and have continued over the course of several months, according to an administration official. They are now finished.

The end result, one source close to the discussions said, was a package of reforms "not huge in scope." They are largely expected to mirror the topics covered in the president's op-ed. Gun control advocates have pushed for more, including legislation that would limit the size of magazines -- such as the 32-round clip that Giffords' shooter used -- or a bill that would force private sellers to conduct background checks at gun shows -- which was pushed in the wake of the Virginia Tech shooting.

Still, executive actions offer something that legislation doesn't: guaranteed results. And as one gun control advocate told the Huffington Post, there are ways to "use these administrative changes to obtain similar results."

This post has been updated.
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_892633.html

Tags: 2nd_Amendment, Huffingon_Post, SCOTUS, bypass, executive_order, regulate_not_legislate

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now, the NRA has come out with a statement re: the same ...

Will this be the "shot heard round the world?"  Get prepared before there is a shortage. Get prepared before ammo and weapons become cost prohibitive.  Clean your weapons, get everything you need, and do it NOW!.  "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. He was smart and wise.

Things that will be in demand soon:  food, prescription drugs, ammo, and money (if the dollar collapses). Ensure that you have something with which to bartar.  Get out on the range, practice with friends, and prepare a disaster plan for all family members and friends. I don't know for what you are waiting!!

From the NRA:
Here is the link to the article:  http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=6982

Obama Administration Plans New Gun Control
Friday, July 08, 2011

As we pass the six-month anniversary of the tragic Tucson shooting, multiple press reports indicate the Obama administration is planning to unveil new, but unspecified, gun control initiatives.

At a Thursday briefing, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, "As you know, the President directed the Attorney General to form working groups with key stakeholders to identify common-sense measures that would improve Americans' safety and security while fully respecting Second Amendment rights. That process is well underway at the Department of Justice with stakeholders on all sides working through these complex issues. And we expect to have some more specific announcements in the near future."

Carney provided no further details on the initiatives, but he isn't the only one saying something is in the works. According to a related article on NPR.org, U.S. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) said, “I have spoken to the president. He is with me on [gun control], and it's just going to be when that opportunity comes forward that we're going to be able to go forward.” And longtime anti-gun activist Sarah Brady has said that in March, the president told her “I just want you to know that we are working on [gun control] ... We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

Rest assured we'll report any significant developments in the weeks ahead.

As one very smart person posted in response:

What hypocrites the left turned out to be when in power. During the Bush years, they railed against Bush's use of EOs to circumvent Congress (and rightfully so) but now they are doing the same thing when Congress is not in their back pocket.

I expect them to move on importation bans against high capacity magazines, against import of foreign made weapons and ammo, and to try to force private sellers to use background checks. And who knows, he may be brazen enough to try to decree a ban on high cap mags by EO under some pretext.

So, get your un-papered, off-database rifles and pistols (still totally legal to buy anonymously from private sellers, such as in your local paper, so go do it!) while it is easy to do, and get your ammo, mags, spare parts, and anything else you may NEED - especially imported stuff - before the prices shoot through the roof or they are impossible to get at all. And then get extras for your friends, neighbors, family, etc.

I bought a few extra old Enfield .303 rifles for a hundred bucks each and some extra bandoleers of ammo just to have on hand to hand out to neighbors and friends who need a rifle if/when TSHTF. Sock away a few cheap spares.

And be prepared to exercise civil disobedience to unconstitutional decrees from the Emperor in Mordor on the Potomac.

The silver lining is that if they touch the third rail of gun control in the Post 9-11, post Heller decision USA, Obama will have committed political suicide (unless he has no real plans to bother with elections anymore).
There is only one way I will ever give up my guns, period! That is when I am dead. They will have to come & take them & they better be ready to shoot me, as I will not allow anyone to take what's mine, away from me. He can take his Exceutive Orders & shove them in the same place his brains seems to be residing. Enough said!
Old NYF ... Agreed!  They'll have to trip over the ones that tried before them. 

2nd Amendment is indeed the third rail, and touch at your own risk.  I think this is it for us and for him. It's game time, so get ready.

Terminator Girl,

We have to Stay on top of this, With enough ammunition to use against the Unconstitutional Acts, and Actions of this Administration, Why Will Not Our REPRESENTATIVES, Representing US?

Enough is Enough! Take this Imposter to Court for Fraud, Waste and Abuse of Powers, That They, DO Not Have under the Bill of Rights, Nor the Constitution!

Yet More needs to be done.

But it is with subpoena Powers of the Congress and the Investigations by the Judicial, Ethics, Select Intelligence, Rules and Government Reform Committees in Both Houses Congress and the Senate and The American Justice System,

Not the Wild West.

Impeach, Indict, Prosecute and Incarcerate for High Crimes and Misdemeanors, Malfeasances and Misprisions By the DOJ, and All Who were and Are involved in the Fast and Furious, Gun Runner Scandals, To Justify their Agenda with the Un and Small Arms Treaty, Hillary and Obama Want. If they Can Not use the Laws, they think they can Back Door and Make their Own?

Not On My Watch! And I am Watching very closely what they have been doing to Undermine our Lives, Liberties and Pursuits of Happiness,. They have Taken away with the Patriot Act, and Hate Speech, and the TSA with the DOJ and Even the EPA and Department of Education? That, is Using Swat Teams to Collect Student Loans, What is their Justification for their Actions, And/or Where have they the Police Powers and Authority to Do this?

our First and Second Amendment Violations of our Right to Assembly, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion and to Practice it, and Fourth and Fifth Amendments violations along with the Sixth to be secure in our Persons and Properties, and the Ninth and Tenth for our very Individual Sovereignty and States Rights to Self Determination from the Abuse like Tucson Az,

And Their, Sheriff Dupnick and The Swat Teams attack on a Veteran Protecting his Family. and The Indiana Supreme Court say's We No Longer have the Right to Protect ourselves from Invasion, Not in out Homes nor on our Boarders. But they, can Move Massive amounts of Guns to Mexico and Give Money and Guns to Gangs that have and are still Killing Americans and Mexican's with Impunity and Immunity 

Time for this All to come Home to Roost at this White House and the DOJ with Erick Holder and Obama's Czars, and Hillary Clinton too!

Now the Only Questions to be answered are How do WE THE PEOPLE stand Up against this Tyranny? With One Man, One Voice and One Vote, in the Wilderness.

Recall petitions, and Faxing and Standing in protest at the Washington Monument was Not Sufficient to this Day! I Pray we the People Can Overcome this Abomination of this Obamanations Administration and Ministrations of Making War on the Constitution and the American People!

God Bless US All and, Your Vigilance and God Bless America!

Kerry L. Marvin/USN/DAV/68-77.

People get ready, there's a train a comin'... Get prepared, as in REALLY prepared.  I have no fear that all who have fought in wars or served this great country will lead the way. We are not "...One Man, One Voice and One Vote, in the Wilderness."  We are a nation of free people, and collectively that voice of one is a deafening roar that will be heard round the world except by a tone-deaf DC. I stand with my fellow brave Americans and "pledge my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor."  And that, you may take to the bank!

I'll See that,

And Raise You, With My Right to Life, and Liberty, Blood Sweat and tears, My Fortune and along with My Sacred Honor.

We The People, Are Not Done Yet, Nor will I let myself or my family or community,

Be Done in By their Agenda.

The Day of reckoning is Coming and time is short to Prepare.

Know Who, and Where you can Go to for What you will need is the Best proactive thing you can do, in your church, schools, and  Contact your Local Sheriff and Volunteer Fire Department, VFW, Lodges and American Legion Post’s for Your Local commanders. Then Know Who are of your Official State and County Militia’s, For Guidance and Preparations Centers, for civil defense and Protection from the Storm that is Surely coming.

The rest is a No brainer, Food, Shelter and Personal Safety. Stay Vigilant! Not Vigilante.

Kerry L. Marvin/USN/DAV/68-77.

We gave them an inch and they took a foot. We gave in on the foot and they took a yard.  We gave in on the yard and they took a mile.  We gave in on the mile and they TRIED to take our guns.  That's where Americans draw the line in the sand.  Hello, America!!
If I am attacked, that is one thing but if my family is threatened with an attack, I will go on the offensive rather than the defensive & that's an absolute fact. That offensive will be all out, no holds bared & will not cease until either I or they are stone cold dead. A threat to my families survival  will not go unanswered, ever!

This is Why, a Good Neighbors and Watchers that you can trust, if you have them is essential, they will have your back, if you have theirs.

Good Friends are hard to find, and True Friends as My Grandfather Said, you can Count on One Hand when you Die. So Cultivate them Carefully and Vet those whom you would even consider. Thoroughly!

Just do like the Aussies did if it comes down to it .  What guns are you talking about ?
I feel as if the issue might be intensifying. Mayors ask obama to strengthen gun laws, and in the process weaken Americans and America. There are so many avid hunters and sportspersons who might not be political, but will certainly care about this issue, so keep your friends informed. A few liberal mayors in a few liberal towns should NOT dictate to Americans and deprive them of their 2nd Amendment right. And this all appears to be happening at lightening speed from all directions. From this administration, Gun safety = Gun Control.

JULY 10 Mayors call on Obama to strengthen enforcement of country’s gun laws
By Jordy Yager - 07/10/11 02:18 PM EThttp://thehill.com/homenews/administ...gthen-gun-laws

[B]The NRA-ILA website says that the Mayors against Illegal Guns is founded and funded by Mayor Bloomberg[B] (although this appears to be an old link, use it to find out if your mayor is a member of the Bloomberg coalition)
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...=254&issue=011

JULY 8, 2011USA Today Administration to propose steps on gun safety
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...giffords_n.htm

RSS

Resources and ACTION

FLIP GEAR!

The Case to Impeach Resource:

Take Back the GOP!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Grassfire Nation.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service