Patriot Action Network

Standing against big government and for the people!

Last night I provided you with the EO from the White House regarding the National Defense Resources Preparedness signed by Barack Obama. The thread is full of every opinion imaginable.

Since that time several have done what I asked... they read the Executive Order and researched it also. I too have pulled up the EO and compared it with the 2 other EOs this current order refers to as revoking and or replacing content. I would like to point out that other than one section of the November 18,1988 version signed into Law BY Ronald Reagan... and the entire 1994 eo I don't see any other changes.

This entire EO was revoked from Clinton 1994:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 12919NATIONAL DEFENSE INDUSTRIAL RESOURCES PREPARED...

1988 EO 12656 By Reagan

So here is the section that has been changed: item 401 (3) And (4) HAS BEEN REVOKED (red and blue are revoked...the rest remains).
Sec. 401. Lead Responsibilities.
In addition to the applicable responsibilities covered in Parts 1 and 2, the Secretary of Commerceshall:

(1) Develop control systems for priorities, allocation, production, and distribution of materials and other resources that will be available to support both national defense and essential civilian programs in a national security emergency;
(2) In coorperation with the Secretary of Defense and other departments and agencies, identify those industrial products and facilities that are essential to mobilization readiness, national defense, or post-attack survival and recovery;
(3) In coorperation with the Secretary of Defense and other Federal departments and agencies, analyze potential effects of national security emergencies on actual production capability, taking into account the entire production complex, including shortages of resources, and develop preparedness measures to strengthen capabilities for production increases in national security emergencies;
(4) In coorperation with the Secretary of Defense, perform industry analyses to assess capabilities of the commercial industrial base to support the national defense, and develop policy alternatives to improve the international competitiveness of specific domestic industries and their abilities to meet defense program needs;
(5) In coorperation with the Secretary of the Treasury, develop plans for providing emergency assistance to the private sector through direct or participation loans for the financing of production facilities and equipment;
(6) In coorperation with the Secretaries of State, Defense, Transportation, and the Treasury, prepare plans to regulate and control exports and imports in national security emergencies;
(7) Provide for the collection and reporting of census information on human and economic resources, and maintain a capability to conduct emergency surveys to provide information on the status of these resources as required for national security emergencies;
(8) Develop overall plans and programs to ensure that the fishing industry continues to produce and process essential protein in national security emergencies; (9) Develop plans to provide meteorological, hydrologic, marine weather, geodetic, hydrographic, climatic, seismic, and oceanographic data and services to Federal, State, and local agencies, as appropriate;
(10) In coordination with the Secretary of State and the Director of the Federal Emegency Management Agency, represent the United States in industry-related international (NATO and allied) civil emergency preparedness planning and related activities.

2012 EO 12656 By Obama

PART IV  -  VOLUNTARY AGREEMENTS AND ADVISORY COMMITTEES

Sec. 401Delegations.  The authority of the President under sections 708(c) and (d) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2158(c), (d), is delegated to the heads of agencies otherwise delegated authority under this order.  The status of the use of such delegations shall be furnished to the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Sec. 803Authority.  (a)  Executive Order 12919 of June 3, 1994, and sections 401(3) (4) of Executive Order 12656 of November 18, 1988, are revoked.  All other previously issued orders, regulations, rulings, certificates, directives, and other actions relating to any function affected by this order shall remain in effectexcept as they are inconsistent with this order or are subsequently amended or revoked under proper authority.  Nothing in this order shall affect the validity or force of anything done under previous delegations or other assignment of authority under the Act.

How do you see this order now? Other than a few changes this order was put into place or revised and continued for years.

Have you discovered any other differences?

Here is what Wikipedia says about Executive Orders:

Executive order DuckDuckGoYahooAmazondel.icio.us

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Executive order (United States))

Leland-Boker Authorized Edition of the Emancipation Proclamation, printed in June 1864 with a presidential signature

In the United States, an executive order is an order or directive issued by the head of the executive branch at some level of government. The term executive order is most commonly applied to orders issued by the President, who is the head of the executive branch of the federal government. Executive orders may also be issued at the state level by a state's governor or at the local level by the city's mayor.

U.S. Presidents have issued executive orders since 1789, usually to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law,[1] since issuances are typically made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, some of which specifically delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation), or are believed to take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution. However, these perceived justifications cited by Presidents when authoring Executive Orders have come under criticism for exceeding Executive authority; at various times throughout U.S. history, challenges to the legal validity or justification for an order have resulted in legal proceedings.

Basis in US Constitution

US presidents have issued executive orders since 1789. Although there is no Constitutional provision or statute that explicitly permits executive orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 4. Most Executive Orders use these Constitutional reasonings as the authorization allowing for their issuance to be justified as part of the President's sworn duties,[2] the intent being to help direct officers of the US Executive carry out their delegated duties as well as the normal operations of the federal government: the consequence of failing to comply possibly being the removal from office.[3]

Other types of orders issued by 'the Executive' are generally classified simply as administrative orders rather than Executive Orders.[4] These are typically the following:

Presidential directives are considered a form of executive order issued by the President of the United States with the advice and consent of a major agency or department found within the Executive branch of government.[5] Some types of Directives are the following:

History and use

Until the early 1900s, executive orders went mostly unannounced and undocumented, seen only by the agencies to which they were directed. However, the Department of State instituted a numbering scheme for executive orders in 1907, starting retroactively with an order issued on October 20, 1862, by President Abraham Lincoln. The documents that later came to be known as "Executive Orders" probably gained their name from this document, captioned "Executive Order Establishing a Provisional Court in Louisiana."[4]

Until the 1950s, there were no rules or guidelines outlining what the president could or could not do through an executive order. However, the Supreme Court ruled in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 US 579 (1952) that Executive Order 10340 from President Harry S. Truman placing all steel mills in the country under federal control was invalid because it attempted to make law, rather than clarify or act to further a law put forth by the Congress or the Constitution. Presidents since this decision have generally been careful to cite which specific laws they are acting under when issuing new executive orders.

Wars have been fought upon executive order, including the 1999 Kosovo War during Bill Clinton's second term in office. However, all such wars have had authorizing resolutions from Congress. The extent to which the president may exercise military power independently of Congress and the scope of the War Powers Resolution remain unresolved constitutional issues, although all presidents since its passage have complied with the terms of the Resolution while maintaining that they are not constitutionally required to do so.

For More info click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order_%28United_States%29

From Member Don Spice below:

The policies in the EO are very nearly the same as those established by FDR, with the consent of Congress, at the start of WW II. Every President, with the consent of Congress, has reaffirmed those policies ever since. That being that the government has the power to take over all manufacturing and natural resources, in the case of national emergency, in the name of National Security.

In addition to this update view Ed Morrisey's (hotair) side by side analysis.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/18/national-defense-resources-pr...

View the 1st discussion on this issue and comments here:

http://social.patriotactionnetwork.com/forum/topics/did-obama-sign-...

Tags: defense, executive, house, law, martial, national, oabama, order, white

Views: 6993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually Upaces I guess I am blessed but I have gotten a response back on every letter I have written and in fact there are a lot of them, I have gotten so many e-mails back they have their own folder. I have kept calling them every week and in fact today have called twice. What I guess I am saying is it depends on your reps I think, but stay on em and keep them as off guard as you can with them still paying attention. We have to win this next election, if there is one and if there isn't then we will deal with that if it happens without jumping out there half cocked but keep your ears and eyes open and keep your plan at hand,  the way this marxist works we won't really know anything till we do. God Bless.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Know what I got back?

They NEVER addressed the issues I wrote about.

It was a "generic" letter "yeah, yeah me..and what I am doing."

When I wrote Perry (Tex.Gov), I get receive an invitation to the Ball when he got back into the Governor's seat -- and that was it!  Did NOT address my concerns at all.

Man thats not good, I used to live south of Waco and  got some life out of those reps I think Bush was first elected to the  Pres. then, but always had some luck, not so much with the President or the Governors, I have not ever heard back. They need to be held accountable and start treating their constituents like they  should, they work with  us as they are our choices to govern... NOT to rule!   Perry should do better and if he is as for the constitution as he says he should at least tell someone how to address your concerns. Good luck with the next one. God Bless.

Cheri I believe it is too late to undo the damage, but not to late to stop the ongoing damage. 

Here's info on what was signed by Bush in 04

http://sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Establishing_martial_law_in_...

The original executive order is linked in the text I provided above...

Here is what happened in 1946 against a tyrannical government in Athens.

You will not likely hear this on US news.  Canada is aware

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/45327

ahhhhh some sanity in the midst of chaos regarding this EO.

This is virtually the same as it has been for decades. People really need to take off their tinfoil hats and look at what is what. Then if you take issue with it then lets work to change that.

An executive order DOES NOT REQUIRE THE CONSENT OF CONGRESS....Lincoln never got one!  and he called up the troops,....neither did Woodrow Wilson.

Thanks Don Sipe...that is what I thought all along...you confirmed it and said better than I could!

Thanks!

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer- P.A.N. Admin I.

"Disobedience to tyrants is Obedience to God." -Benjamin Franklin.

The past few treasonous administrations have deemed congress null and void...ceremonial at best.  We have to demand our constitution to be followed and high crimes punished.  The United Nations is a direct threat to our sovernty and should be treated as a such.  The powers-that-be are operating through the UN to construct conflict and false flag events around the world to gain control of world resources and topple societies.  Welcome to the New World Order.  Americans have to wake up and shut this down.   

RSS

Resources and ACTION

FLIP GEAR!

The Case to Impeach Resource:

Take Back the GOP!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Grassfire Nation.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service