Patriot Action Network

Standing against big government and for the people!

John Quincy Adams' speech concerning The Declaration of Independence and The 4th of July.

[EXCERPT.]

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

An
Oration
Delivered
Before the Inhabitants
of
the Town of Newburyport,
at their request,
on
the Sixty-First Anniversary
of
the Declaration of Independence,
July 4th, 1837.

By John Quincy Adams.

"Say ye not, A Confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say A Confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid." Isaiah 8:12.

ORATION.

Why is it, Friends and Fellow Citizens, that you are here assembled? Why is it, that, entering upon the sixty-second year of our national existence, you have honored with an invitation to address you from this place, a fellow citizen of a former age, bearing in the records of his memory, the warm and vivid affections which attached him, at the distance of a full half century, to your town, and to your forefathers, then the cherished associates of his youthful days? Why is it that, next to the birthday of the Savior of the World, your most joyous and most venerated festival returns on this day? – And why is it that, among the swarming myriads of our population, thousands and tens of thousands among us, abstaining, under the dictate of religious principle, from the commemoration of that birth-day of Him, who brought life and immortality to light, yet unite with all their brethren of this community, year after year, in celebrating this, the birth-day of the nation?

Is it not that, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior? That it forms a leading event in the progress of the gospel dispensation? Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the foundation of the Redeemer's mission upon earth? That it laid the corner stone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity, and gave to the world the first irrevocable pledge of the fulfillment of the prophecies, announced directly from Heaven at the birth of the Savior and predicted by the greatest of the Hebrew prophets six hundred years before?

Cast your eyes backwards upon the progress of time, sixty-one years from this day; and in the midst of the horrors and desolations of civil war, you behold an assembly of Planters, Shopkeepers and Lawyers, the Representatives of the People of thirteen English Colonies in North America, sitting in the City of Philadelphia. These fifty-five men, on that day, unanimously adopt and publish to the world, a state paper under the simple title of 'A DECLARATION.'

*******************************************************************************************************

FULL ARTICLE:

www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=9717

Companion Article:

www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=82

We certainly don't hear this taught in American Public schools anymore. Nor do we hear much mention of it by, well, anyone today. Most folk, even a lot of Conservatives, have never heard of this speech. To many this is the first time to be "introduced" to it. There is so much peripheral "fluff" and generic "jargon" bantied about concerning the 4th of July that many don't even remember that we commemorate the 4th because of the Declaration of Independence and the official and sincere acknowledgment of America's Founders of the hand of God upon them through it all.

When we study America's roots, heritage true history it becomes clear that we have lost much of our National Heritage...it has been long forgotten, and by some forsaken.

What do YOU think of when you celebrate Independence Day, i.e. the Forth of July? What do miss from this day that YOU used to look forward to? What do YOU miss that maybe you took for granted? What does Independence Day mean to YOU?

God Bless America             One Nation Under God

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

www.patriotactionnetwork.com/profiles/blogs/my-sources

Also visit us at:  www.patriotactionnetwork.com/group/thecornerstoneofthenation

A Divine Breath of FRESH Air!

Tags: 4th+of+July, Independence+Day, John+Quincy+Adams, July, Liberty, Patriot, Savior, birthday, joyous, venerated

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We need to celebrate INDEPENDENCE DAY, something all too few Americans understand in this day & age!  We need to re-train them, BIG TIME!
God has played an important part of all the wars we have fought.  I was watching an article of the war of 1812 because I didn't know much about it.  When the British soldiers were burning Washington, they had torched the federal buildings and the White House and were going to burn the rest, when all of a sudden out of nowhere there appeared a Hurricane which started dispersing these soldiers...then along with the Hurricane, a tornado came down upon them and they scattered and left the rest of Washington intact.  When was the last time you heard of Washington, DC being hit with a hurricane ... I believe that this was divine intervention.  God Bless America....we need you now.
Ginger, YES, thank you for your post.  God can make the difference and heal our land if people would just turn back to Him in our country.  God is our only hope.  I am copying your reply as part of my history lessons for my grandchildren. 

Ginger very well said. Deuteronomy chpt. 28 is 68 verses long and details what you stated above.

Thanks! God Bless!

God Bless America!

One Nation Under God!

In God We Trust!

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

American Flag Clipart - Image 3

Liberty = is the reward of keeping Gods Commandment 'forgive your fellow men of all their trespasses'

Freedom = is the ability to do that which we aught - not the right to do that which we want.

Truth = is Gods, not mans

Justice = is Gods, not mans. Gods laws apply to all. (Judges, lawyers, enforcers = thieves with a good conscience; see Liberty above) - Gods Laws apply to you; Repent Vipers.

Wickedness = men who force fellow men to throw their pearls before them to be judged - Dogs and Swine.

We are to worship God and enjoy Liberty - Not do His Job and suffer hell and outer darkness.

Gods Plan is Free Agency - Liberty is the reward; Wickedness takes free agency away - and we call ourselves Christians? Matt 25:40  Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Brave = Men who Follow Gods Laws - regardless of temporal consequences

Happy 4th - my fellow Freedom Fighters

I really don't know where you found those definitions, but they are beautiful and well said.
this proves that anyone that cannot say the Pledge of Allegiance they feel it is against the Constitution is anti-American  .In what ever type of job you have whether in scools,tall hall meetings,congress,etc. If you have a problem with this pledge We The People should know they  are not taking our country to heart and let them find work else where . Maybe they could find work with code pink acorn,NEA,AFLCIO, SEIU or maybe work for george soros himself, or better yet leave our country since they hate it so much
The House of Representatives and the Senate can stop the President O from doing everything sneaking around by bypassing them. Why are they so shy to even try to block and stop these actions? It does not seem they are handling their jobs well. 2012 will tell the entire story when bags are being packed for the final homeward journey.If you think the majority of the American people will stand for this you had better think again.Think seriously about this.

ON JULY 4 , 1776 WE THE PEOPLE HAD FREEDOM . WE NEED TO BE REMINDED OF THAT IN OUR SCHOOLS AND THRU WORD OF MOUTH . IT'S TOO BAD THAT IS NOT BEING DONE AND WE ARE LOSING OUR FREEDOMS UNDER THE PROGRESSIVE RULE WITH NOBAMA AS THEIR PUPPET . MANY DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT OUR HISTORY . IT'S TRUE SLAVES WERE AROUND THE TIME OF THE CONSTITUTION BUT ALL THAT HAS CHANGED , NOW WITH THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD INFILTRATING US WE NEED TO WATCH OUT AND VOTE THIS FAKE POTUS OUT OF OFFICE WITH ALL THE BRAINWASHED DEMS AND RINOS TOO .   THIS IS THE BEST COUNTRY EVER , LETS MAKE IT EVEN BETTER .

Great post, Rev. Larry!

Today, more than ever, I think we need to remember these final words that are written on our Declaration of Independence, and consider how well WE will continue to fight in the coming year, for the Nation our Founding Fathers left us, against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic:

"And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor." - July 4, 1776

Thanks, and you're welcome!

God Bless!

God Bless America!

One Nation Under God!

In God We Trust!

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

American Flag Clipart - Image 1

The best story - the epitamy of my heart wrenching testimony and dedication is expressed best by Francis Scott Keyes (among others) as he describes the battle, the onslaught of English ships, in fact, all of the Kings best ships, as they swore to " take down that flag."  They couldn't believe that the flag could still fly through their barrage of gunfire.  But when Keyes came to see the damage done to the fort, he was unprepared to what he saw holding up that flag to keep it from touching the ground and forever making us the Kings slaves.  Dead bodies.  Human sacrifices to keep the flag upright to guarantee that we would always sacrifice even our lives to keep our flag flying.  I can always tear up to salute our flag and our countrymen in the Pledge of Allegiance or to sing our country's song, "God Bless America" - even when we don't deserve it, it is still a land "under God" and the home of the free and the brave.  It matters not what the enemy may do to us, we will always be free through our Lord Jesus Christ.  But we still have to be actively engaged to keep our faith and make stronger our commitment to believe that we are His and He is in charge.  Our ancestors came so they could build a place to worship their God, free of the dictates of those who would tell them how they were suppose to worship.  Now they had a place for everyone to worship as their own hearts felt best.  I thank God every day for the opportunity given me to be born in this generation of great challenges and greater blessings.  Keep the faith!  And remember the first two commandments ( all else falls naturally under them).  Have a joyous fourth and let the Lord deal with the enemy.

RSS

Blog Posts

Thursday Morning Edition

Posted by Rudy on August 21, 2014 at 7:30am

God, Heaven, Hell & Demons: Do they exist?

Posted by Linda Kimball on August 20, 2014 at 5:17pm

Wednesday Afternoon Extra

Posted by Rudy on August 20, 2014 at 1:00pm — 1 Comment

Let's pray for our future

Posted by Juan Reynoso on August 20, 2014 at 10:37am

MSM and Left Racism on Parade in Ferguson

Posted by Lloyd Marcus on August 20, 2014 at 9:47am — 16 Comments

PERRY / ROMNEY OR ROMNEY / PERRY

Posted by Marlene Hessler on August 20, 2014 at 9:00am — 83 Comments

FINAL PHASE TO 2014 ELECTION

Posted by Marlene Hessler on August 20, 2014 at 8:32am — 1 Comment

Wednesday Morning Edition