Discussions

After hearing that the big shots want to cut back on social security and medicare to reduce the deficit, I wrote to John Shimkus. He didn't refute it. Instead he remarked and I  quote"

The annual Social Security surpluses that Congress has been spending on other programs will begin to dissipate.  The Trustees have stated that in 2016 these surpluses will disappear indefinitely. The federal government will then have to raise taxes or severely cut spending on other federal programs to pay out Social Security benefits. It is necessary for Congress to begin focusing on solutions to this problem.  Plans that include a savings element in Social Security would help to increase future retirees' financial security." 

Excuse me!  Did they not take our funds and place them in the General Fund to be used for their salaries, perks and their pet projects!  I would  like to see the Gray Brigade go after them for this?  Sue B. O'Dea

You need to be a member of Patriot Action Network to add comments!

Join Patriot Action Network

Email me when people reply –

Newest Members (Say Hello!)

Today's News

Latest Network Activity

Constance Hingert commented on Wes McKay's blog post A Very Special Thank You
"I join you in your thanks for voting the right way. We did it.
Have a great Thanksgiving."
31 minutes ago
Constance Hingert commented on Eric Odom's blog post Protesters Try to Interrupt NY Thanksgiving Day Parade, Police Gobble Them Up
"We sure have a long wait till 2016."
32 minutes ago
Barbro Nygren commented on Wes McKay's blog post A Very Special Thank You
"A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and all here at Patriot Action.God Bless!"
39 minutes ago
Debrajoe Smith-Beatty commented on Wes McKay's blog post A Very Special Thank You
"A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. God Bless."
39 minutes ago
Barbro Nygren commented on Eric Odom's blog post Protesters Try to Interrupt NY Thanksgiving Day Parade, Police Gobble Them Up
"Hoodlums are hoodlums ,no way around it"
41 minutes ago
Larry commented on Support and Defend's blog post The History and Legacy of Thanksgiving
"The Grinch who Stole Thanksgivinghttp://americandictators.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-grinch-who-stole-..."
1 hour ago
Larry commented on Eric Odom's blog post Protesters Try to Interrupt NY Thanksgiving Day Parade, Police Gobble Them Up
"The Grinch who Stole Thanksgivinghttp://americandictators.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-grinch-who-stole-..."
1 hour ago
Sera Wilson left a comment for Renea Kovski
"Welcome!!!"
1 hour ago
More…