Newest Activity

I live in Connecticut, which is #1 Obama supporting state (alas!)

My husband, David and I, when we mention the Tea Party to any of our friends and family, think the Tea Party is extreme and get turned off, so we can't explain what the issue is, give them the other side. David happened to ask a secretary that he knows ( on the phone when he was calling about something non political) what she thought of the Tea Party. She said she thought they were a radical group. (She most likely reads the NYT)  When a small group of us go out on the street corner for a mini tea rally/protest with our signs and constitutions, sometimes we will talk to people. A young couple said that they thought the tea party were a bunch of extremists. 

I would like to be able to forward the information about the support rally for Gibson Guitars to some of my musician friends, but I know that since the email says "Tea Party groups are  going to show support" that my musician friends (who probably know nothing about the raids against Gibson) will most likely turn off and think that Gibson must be guilty if Tea Party groups are coming to their defense. (I did email one musician an article about the raid, and she thanked me for sending the most unusual story-I did not get into politics- just emailed the article)

My question is, is there some way we can change our name from Tea Party since the media has ruined us to the public who is clueless, or add to it "people for limited government" so the people we talk to won't automatically shut down and listen to the other side of the argument? Or maybe we should just say "a group of American people who are concerned about the raid on Gibson," or whatever point we are trying to make- so that we can at least say our side of the story or issue? Anyone have any suggestions?

You need to be a member of Patriot Action Network to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Newest Members (Say Hello!)

Today's News

Latest Network Activity

Kraig Elmer is now a member of Ben Carson
4 hours ago
Brock Peterman commented on Ralph V. Cutolo's blog post A Message from Pro-Freedom Iranians to BARRY,..QUITE EMPHATIC!!!!!!!
"Oduma ruined and wasted the best possible chance to overthrow the mullahs in Iran."
4 hours ago
Brock Peterman commented on Ralph V. Cutolo's blog post A Former Obama ambassador: 'We're in a 'BLEEP Damn' free fall here!'.. YA THINK!!!!!!!!!!!
"From someone who helped create the mess."
4 hours ago
Brock Peterman commented on Ralph V. Cutolo's blog post Bolton: To stop Iran, bomb Iran,..Hmmm,...A Capital Idea BARRY!!!!!!!
"I wholeheartedly agree, but not the limited pin pricks like they do now days.  This should be on the order of WWII bombing.  Give them a Dresden or a Tokyo to worry about."
4 hours ago
Brock Peterman commented on Lloyd Marcus's blog post Hysteria Over Cruz Illustrates What We're Up Against.
"Amen!"
4 hours ago
Rudy posted a discussion
Managing nObama's war against IsraelCaroline B. Glick     (jewishworldreview.com) - On Wednesday, the Jerusalem Municipality announced it is shelving plans to build 1,500 apartments in the Har Homa neighborhood. Officials gave no explanation for its…
5 hours ago
Ralph V. Cutolo commented on Larry Holland's blog post What Are We Waiting For? Let The TREASON CHARGES and TRIALS Begin!
"Basically, call me crazy, but if Barry ever switched political parties, he's toast!!!!"
5 hours ago
Ralph V. Cutolo commented on Larry Holland's blog post What Many Fear May Be Taking Shape In SW United States
"Morning Larry, I might be going out on a limb here, but @ some point..
( solely my hypotheses).. even the most ardent of BARRY'S followers, ya know the truly willfully blinded, could actually rise up. 'IF' that were to happen, that sentiment would c…"
5 hours ago
More…

PAN on Facebook