Newest Activity

I live in Connecticut, which is #1 Obama supporting state (alas!)

My husband, David and I, when we mention the Tea Party to any of our friends and family, think the Tea Party is extreme and get turned off, so we can't explain what the issue is, give them the other side. David happened to ask a secretary that he knows ( on the phone when he was calling about something non political) what she thought of the Tea Party. She said she thought they were a radical group. (She most likely reads the NYT)  When a small group of us go out on the street corner for a mini tea rally/protest with our signs and constitutions, sometimes we will talk to people. A young couple said that they thought the tea party were a bunch of extremists. 

I would like to be able to forward the information about the support rally for Gibson Guitars to some of my musician friends, but I know that since the email says "Tea Party groups are  going to show support" that my musician friends (who probably know nothing about the raids against Gibson) will most likely turn off and think that Gibson must be guilty if Tea Party groups are coming to their defense. (I did email one musician an article about the raid, and she thanked me for sending the most unusual story-I did not get into politics- just emailed the article)

My question is, is there some way we can change our name from Tea Party since the media has ruined us to the public who is clueless, or add to it "people for limited government" so the people we talk to won't automatically shut down and listen to the other side of the argument? Or maybe we should just say "a group of American people who are concerned about the raid on Gibson," or whatever point we are trying to make- so that we can at least say our side of the story or issue? Anyone have any suggestions?

You need to be a member of Patriot Action Network to add comments!

Join Patriot Action Network

Email me when people reply –

Newest Members (Say Hello!)

Today's News

Latest Network Activity

Kenneth M. Fisher commented on Eric Odom's blog post Patriot Action Network 2016 GOP Primary Poll Results Are In (Nearly 5,000 Votes Cast)
"Oops,
The second part of my above message was a carry over from another Website!
God bless, yours in Their Hearts!May God have mercy on an amoral Amerika !Viva Cristo Rey!Kenneth M. Fisher"
2 hours ago
Kenneth M. Fisher commented on Eric Odom's blog post Patriot Action Network 2016 GOP Primary Poll Results Are In (Nearly 5,000 Votes Cast)
"Jeff,
Better yet, May God have mercy on America!
The adoration Chapel is NOT in the rear of the Church per se, it is in the front of the Church behind the Altar.  The back of the Tabernacle is visible from the main part of the Church and the front o…"
2 hours ago
The Voice of Reason posted blog posts
3 hours ago
Stingray USN Vet OK Coordinator commented on The Voice of Reason's blog post Is the World's Shadow Government: The Bilderberg Group?
"Almost forgot to mention that both obozo and Kerry were in attendance."
4 hours ago
Stingray USN Vet OK Coordinator commented on The Voice of Reason's blog post Is the World's Shadow Government: The Bilderberg Group?
"Larry, I have a list of the attendees and group researchers from the 2009 conference, as well as probably all of what you've posted here. I was informed of all of this through my late great uncle, Lord Alfred Denning, ranking member of Great Britain…"
5 hours ago
Jeff Noncent commented on Eric Odom's blog post Patriot Action Network 2016 GOP Primary Poll Results Are In (Nearly 5,000 Votes Cast)
"May God bless America "
5 hours ago
Stingray USN Vet OK Coordinator commented on Larry Holland's blog post PLEASE ! PLEASE! For the Love of God, Will ALL Generals and Battlefield Commanders of Any Rank, Will You Please Begin Informing America How to Fight the Armageddon Coming Our Way?
"Larry, there are many of us already organized and prepared under a couple of groups. One is S.O.S., Special Ops Speaks, comprised of Navy SEAL OFFICERS, SpecOps Teams, Delta Force, Green Beret, and Special Forces tactical members. Another is the Con…"
5 hours ago
Stingray USN Vet OK Coordinator posted a discussion
Forwarded to me by a trusted friend :This is why America will remain strong.  We take care of our own as well as others who may not deserve taking care of. I just wanted to share with you all that out of a horrible tragedy we were blessed by so many…
5 hours ago
More…

PAN on Facebook