Discussions

I came across this article @ SouthernStandard.com and  I thought I would just post part of  the article for your reading pleasure and let you come to your own conclusions.

Constitution on Fire

By NAT HENTOFF

From my diary of students' awakening to the president's grave menace to their constitutional liberties: Recently, on Skype, I was discussing my memoir, "Boston Boy" (Paul Dry Books, 1986), with a class at Suffolk University in Boston. It's about growing up in a Boston ghetto during the Great Depression, when Boston was the most anti-Semitic city in the country.

While answering questions from these lively students, I wanted to find out how many of them knew about the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2012. Barack Obama signed this law, giving the president -- for the first time in American history -- the power to imprison indefinitely an American citizen "suspected" of "association" (without evidence) with terrorists. This fate comes without charge or trial. 

'Where are the citizens demanding that these doorways to liberty be opened?' In other words, the general population is a big part of why there is a problem in the first place.

It is time to take a stand against this tyranny.

We all know by know what Obama is up to. What is bad is, some of us have been saying this was a problem for a VERY long time but, no one seemed to care. It was all "phooh phooh". Now that our rights have been stripped unConstitutionally, there's still millions who don't get it. Americans are either too fearful (uncourageous) or too sheeple (willing to just go along to get along) to be the inheritors of their forebears legacy. Hence, they are losing their own freedom while pretending to defend and instill democratic values in foreign lands.

“The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers (at trial) is in the highest degree odious, and is the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist” (Future of Freedom Foundation, fff.org, April 27).

In accordance with the NDAA, we have seen the US government argue that it can now impose military detention on US citizens.

Your peaceful days of protesting are over just as the founders realized. That's why they wrote," We The People". If you think those in power are going to lay down and let you waltz in and take over you are saddly mistaken they put way to much effort into taking your power away to give it back to you.

If you think for one second that we are being taken over by the Muslims or Islam, think again because China poses a bigger threat then any other country and that is because $0.57 of every dollar we earn is owed to China. Simple math tells us that we cannot sustain our selves on this. So we are slowly going bankrupt on these numbers and china will surely own us in the next 10 years. if we don't make some changes in our Government.

WHAT SAY YOU?

You need to be a member of Patriot Action Network to add comments!

Join Patriot Action Network

Email me when people reply –

Newest Members (Say Hello!)

Today's News

Latest Network Activity

mike commented on Guardian Eagle's blog post Obamacare offers firms $3,000 incentive to hire illegals over native-born workers
"On top of this is the fact that the EPA and other regulatory agencies have written over 3500 new rules that will cost employers over $15k a year to comply so, guess what that will do...cheaper labor."
48 seconds ago
The Voice of Reason posted blog posts
1 hour ago
Wes McKay replied to MOTUS's discussion Thanksgiving 2014
"'' F A N T A S T I C ''
AND
'' A HAPPY AND SAFE THANKSGIVING DAY TO ALL ''"
1 hour ago
Wes McKay replied to MOTUS's discussion Thanksgiving 2014
""
2 hours ago
Wes McKay commented on Wes McKay's blog post Is This Their Idea Of Justice ?
"Constance Hingert
If we use their form of justice ...That if you don't like the discision made by the ... '' GRAND JURY ''You just burn the town down ...
Millions of us don't like the discisons made by the ... '' WHITE HOUSE ''
SO DO WE GET TO BURN…"
2 hours ago
Alice Dice left a comment for Alice Dice
"There Optic hope you enjoyed it don't forget check out the book that chance by Robert listing and got off to a doc of course that's my can get your purse audio book for free thanks for watching guys and day to the next workout after this year we’re…"
4 hours ago
Alice Dice, Nicholas Gasaway, David Kettles and 2 more joined Patriot Action Network
4 hours ago
GV Patriot updated their profile
6 hours ago
More…