Patriot Action Network

Standing against big government and for the people!

Bert and Ernie: Just friends, not gay, will not marry

Bert_and_ernie

The recurring question of whether "Sesame Street" characters Bert and Ernie are gay has raised its head anew. And the answer from "Sesame Street" is, as always, a resounding no.

"Sesame Street" today posted the following statement on its Facebook page:

Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves.

Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and  characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.

The announcement was posted in response to petitions that have been circulating around the Internet urging that the two Muppets get married.

There's even a Bert and Ernie Get Married Facebook page hosting a heated conversation about the pros and cons of having the Muppets marry.

Here are some choice excerpts:

Michelle Ashton Ryan: It would be so awesome if bert and ernie got married. im 16 and i would totally start watching sesame street again if they did. :)

Roxanne Vincent: "whats next ??? 2 lesbian muppets??? 4 GOD SAKES!

Samantha Pollack: I am 24 now and I grew up with Bert and Ernie Big Bird and all of that. Even growing up i knew that Bert and Ernie were a couple not brothers. I think that the marriage has been a long time coming. Yes marriage is the next step in a honest and respectable relationship.

Raymond Swinney II: Ok...let's think about this logically. Should the wedding take place, are the two characters going to begin showing public display of affection which they've never done before? The "wedding" would happen in one episode, and then what? The characters would have to be completely re-written, as it were.

The conversation continues on the "Sesame Street" Facebook page, where Sharkey Violet writes: "Muppets do not have sexual orientation? So...all along Miss Piggy was after Kermit for.......his frog legs for supper?"

Tags: and, burt, ernie, gay, homosexual, lesbian, petitons, sesame, street

Views: 2701

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Darla, I agree.  They may be puppets, but it's really pretty sick when you think about what the left is trying to do with a children's program.  

Yes Darla, and Everyone,

I pray that most of you read what I have written and replied to on several of your comments. THE WAR "IS" ON,  SATAN IS ATTACKING "FULL FORCE".  WE NEED TO HAVE FEET, AND ARMS, AND LEGS AND DOING.  AS I SAID BEFORE I WILL STAND UP FRONT AND TAKE THE FULL BLAST OF SATAN   AFTER ALL I HAVE BEEN TAKING IT FOR A LONG TIME ESPECIALLY THIS LAST WEEK.

ALL I SAY WITH ALL SINCERETY, COME GET ME SATAN IT IS YOU OR ME.  SOMEHOW IT "WILL" BE YOU.  I HAVE GOOD REASON TO LET YOUR VERY OWN HELL BACK FIRE ON YOU SATAN AND ALL WHO FOLLOW YOU CONCIOUSLY OR UNWTTINGLY..

IT WILL TAKE EVERY LAST FIBRE OF MY WHOLE SPIRITUAL, PHYSICAL AND ANY OTHER PART, BUT I AM DETERMINED IN THE NAME OF GOD'S PRECIOUS SON YESHUA THE MESSIAH (YESHUA HA'MESSIAH - HEBREW) TO FIGHT TO THE VERY LAST AND WHAT IS MORE "W I N".

IT "WILL" BE A BTTLE BETWEEN ALL OF US AND SATAN, BUT RIGHT NOW IT WILL BE A BATTLE BETWEEN ME AND YOU SATAN AND I ANT KIDDING.  MY EYES ARE SEEING THE BATTLE OF THE LAST DAYS MOMENTS EVEN.  MINE EYES ARE SEEING THE "GLORY" OF THE COMING OF THE LORD.  IF YOU THINK I AM CRAZY SO BE IT.  THEY THOUGHT YESHUA WAS CRAZY SO WHO AM I THAT I AM DIFFERENT OR AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE.

You are absolutely right Darla.

This gay rights movement is in just about every popular TV show, in the news, magazines and anywhere else you look. I am sick of having it shoved in our faces.  Most of all I am enraged that they are  indoctrinating our children and present it as an alternate and okay life style. It is a DANGEROUS life style and teaching it to our young children confuses them about who they really are. Don't kids have enought to contend with without being forced to question their sexuality at such young ages. This is so wrong!

I see no reason to have protected status for Gays or special rights.

So true,Darla. Read some of the lessons on sexuality that are proposed for elementary school children now. It should be up to parents whether homosexuality should be taught to their children as "normal".
Amen!
Yep, and it must be stopped before it is too late! Pray, people, pray!!!
Mel I couldn't agree more.  This is just so silly, rediculous, absurd!!!!  It is true that our children are being indoctrinated but I've watched Sesame Street with my grandchildren and Burt and Ernie are best friends and they live in the same house.  Why do we have to turn this into so much more than what it is?
Because LeAnn, this IS ONE OF SATAN'S MANY TOOLS. WAKE UP.
You are so right Mel !!
Because children are watching these puppets, Mel! Any other questions?
Indeed, Mel!  And, why does every realtionship have to be "sexual?"  What happened to being friends, even best friends?
I agree, two men can be best friends without sodomy or sin, that's another reason I use the word homosexual and not "gay" because it isn't descriptive enough.

RSS

Take Back the GOP!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Grassfire Nation.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service