35 STATES FILE LAWSUIT..... CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION?..... 28TH AMENDMENT?

35 STATES FILE LAWSUIT

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention. This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on. This is an idea that we should address.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that passed... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

If each person that receives this will forward it on to 20 people, in three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:
"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ."

Views: 1197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have also received several emails over the last month with the same information and have passed to all in my email list. We would really do better by learning which states have done so and then contact our state elected officials and requesting support from them. Has anyone gotten the info on which states have filed suit? So far I cannot find any reputable news source with this information.
From my understanding there is a risk from holding a Constitutional Convention as it opens up the entire Constitution and previous amendments to change. I'm not against it, but it does come with risks. If its going to be done it likely would be best after 2012 if the electorate continues to shift right but before the inevitable pendulum swing that comes from a people focused on being entertained.

From my understanding there is a risk from holding a Constitutional Convention as it opens up the entire Constitution and previous amendments to change.

Given this administrations left leaning policies I am also concerned, Barry.

There is an extreme risk if a Constitutional Convention is called!  People need to educate themselves before they forward any of these e-mails!  Once a CC is set - they do as they want when they want.  It is my understanding they can do anything and nobody supervises them in any way.  They answer to nobody.  They can declare the whole constitution null and void - and replace it with anything they want - ANYTHING!  Do you want Sharia Law - they can implement it - and NOBODY can stop it.  They answer to NOBODY - and NOBODY can tell them what to do - not the POTUS, the House, the Senate, or the people - they answer to nobody!   PLEASE everybody - educate yourselves as to what a CC is and its dangers.  How many politicians out there do you trust to give 100% power and authority to - to do absolutely anything they want - and I DO MEAN ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING - and we have no say so or a way to stop them?  THINK and KNOW what you're forwarding BEFORE you forward.  Here are three paragraphs from a story about KY calling for a CC - you can find it at:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/02/22/business-us-balanced-budget-amendment-kentucky_8320200.html

"You know some people say this is just kind of a bluff," Neal said. "My fear is that it ends up more than a bluff, that it becomes reality, and it opens up this can of worms."

Tea party gubernatorial candidate Phil Moffett took the unusual step of publicly reprimanding Paul, saying in a Capitol press conference that the new senator's initiative to push the state legislature into calling for a convention should be rejected.

"His desire is admirable, but that's the wrong way to get that done folks," Moffett said. "A constitutional convention cannot be limited in scope, and the thought of people like Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and Barney Frank having the opportunity to maybe even eliminate the Bill of Rights or change the Constitution from a document that protects us from the federal government to one that takes away our individual rights quite frankly just scares the heck of me."

Yes changes need to be made. Using a Constitutional Convention is a real hazard to the future right now.  The wrong people still have the numbers to control such a convention. Better still we should look at those still representing us who've been discovered to be wolves in sheeps clothing.  Barry is correct!  We've recived many e-mails over the past 10 years spelling out how we needed a Constitutional Convention and each time we've researched the backers of it, it wasn't pretty.  The Communist Party is the biggest proponent of this.  You need to ask yourself "Why?"

I won't answer it for you.  Each of us needs to realize that more laws of any kind is more incumberance upon our freedoms.  We need to instill common sense on the local governments and prevent the fools and crooks from getting on the ladder to the White House and Congress.  We need to study the Constitution and understand were and how current law has run afoul of its precepts and law. We need to begin to dismantle every law that impinges upon the process and agency which is within the Constitution as it stands.  We have thrown way too much "mud" upon the docuement and keep its true meaning buried under the rubble created by the "I' and "Me too" SOCIETY.

It is the excess laws and ordinances and skullduggery of those on the bench that have given voice and authority to the foolish, inept and dangerous decsions that are running roughshod over the nation.

Have your Convention, but, only after cleaning Senate and House as well as the White House including your own back yard before embarking upon a course to change what God put His hand to.  The Founding Fathers argued, fought and bled to give us the Constitution and it is almost more applicable to our time. Each knelt on his knees and sought a higher source than themselves for inspiration and guidance.  Not half of Congress has the education these men sought on their own from upon High and from the lessons learned from Societies that flourished and vaporized as quickly as they had come.  They learned from them, they lived simply without the interference of computers and technology because power was in word and deed not in playing.  They supported themselves and still attended to the duties of the People.  Franklyn warned of paying to much for positions that would attract the worst type of scoundrel seeking power and money. Past generations didn't listen and didnt' study. What is our fate to be??? It is in the voters hands ignorant or educated.  Computers and Technology are great for those with understanding of their ability, capability and the common sense in which to apply their use. Evil understands too!

Yes changes need to be made. Using a Constitutional Convention is a real hazard to the future right now.  The wrong people still have the numbers to control such a convention

I agree, JH.

The Convention is a full field full of landmines!

Right, JH.  

Make them enforce what we have now and then let's talk.

i am in total agreement with the things I have read today, we all need to remember the principles, that has made America Great, and that we need to keep our government in check by listening and responding to our State and Federal leaders in a positive manner.  That with the help of our forums  that  Tea Parties, Tony, Darla, Dee, and all of those that pass good information on to us.

Lets be active in all good works, remember to keep the peace, and show the bad guys that We the People ARE the ones they have to answer to! 

The Constitutional Convention ballot measure failed here in MT last Nov. As for subversives and the wrong people that could be in charge, CORRECT. It will come up again in 2012 here. We DID change this state from blue to red overwhelmingly, but our Senators are off years and were not up for re-election. 2012 will be good year in MT, unless the magnetic poles reverse. Then it's a buckboard or carriage with horses. The Amish have it right.

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconLucky Sofar and Lynn Driscoll joined Patriot Action Network
1 hour ago
Lynn Driscoll posted a blog post

Observation

I don't claim to be an Historian. I am a Political Junkie. I would like to just observe for a while…See More
2 hours ago
Marlene replied to Jimmy Z's discussion • Some Thoughts On Obama, Executive Orders & Immigration
"Dan, That is an interesting tidbit you raised.  Declaring him incompetent.  If it is…"
2 hours ago
Lynn Driscoll updated their profile
2 hours ago
phylmike34 commented on Eric Odom's blog post Why You Should Care and Keep an Eye on What's Happening in Ferguson, MO
"well we all knew that sooner or later something was going to happen,we have been waiting on it.most…"
4 hours ago
Dan H replied to Jimmy Z's discussion • Some Thoughts On Obama, Executive Orders & Immigration
"Jack, as I understand it, this part of the agency is not funded by Congress so there's nothing…"
4 hours ago
Robert McKenna replied to Jimmy Z's discussion • Some Thoughts On Obama, Executive Orders & Immigration
"Although we claim to "call 'em like we sees 'em"  we still allow the…"
4 hours ago
Malcolm Rudd commented on Eric Odom's blog post Why You Should Care and Keep an Eye on What's Happening in Ferguson, MO
"Another False Flag fixing to happen. Be sure to keep your weapons cocked and loaded. Stock up on…"
4 hours ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Grassfire Nation.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service