Patriot Action Network

Standing against big government and for the people!

Why Is an Arkansas City Deploying Police With AR-15s and Demanding Citizens Show I.D. on the Streets?

Paragould Police Propose Street Crimes Unit With Officers to Carry AR 15s and Ask for Citizens I.D.

The Blaze

The little more than 26,000 citizens in an eastern Arkansas town could soon see city police patrolling the streets with assault rifles and asking them to show identification and answer questions as to why they’re out and about.

The martial law recommended by the mayor and police chief of Paragould, in response to recent property-related and violent crimes, has begun seeing some backlash from those believing it infringes upon their civil rights.

According to the Paragould Daily Press, Mayor Mike Gaskill and Police Chief Todd Stovall said in a town hall meeting last week that the initiative to battle street crime would begin in 2013:

“[Police are] going to be in SWAT gear and have AR-15s around their neck,” Stovall said. “If you’re out walking, we’re going to stop you, ask why you’re out walking, check for your ID.”

Stovall said while some people may be offended by the actions of his department, they should not be.

“We’re going to do it to everybody,” he said. “Criminals don’t like being talked to.”

[...]

“They may not be doing anything but walking their dog,” he said. “But they’re going to have to prove it.”

The Daily Press reported Stovall saying that the crime statistics in the city were high enough to justify such action by law enforcement. It noted that an attorney was not consulted by the mayor or police chief before the street crimes unit plan was proposed.

The Daily Press though did contact the city’s attorney Allen Warmath who said the police will respond in the way proposed when they receive called-in complaints. The mayor said, backing off a little from the plan according to the Daily Press, that the city just wanted to make sure a law enforcement presence was felt in some areas. Warmath too told the Daily Press that the new unit would be less confrontational than was originally proposed.

“If they have a call that there’s some problems in the area, they’re at least going to talk to you,” Warmath said, pointing out to the Daily Press too that no one will be arrested for not providing I.D. when asked. “Maybe that person walking their dog saw something. It gives them some information and some leads to find out what’s going on.”

Following the Daily Press’ article, the police department issued a statement clarifying the proposed actions of the street crimes unit. Here’s how they explain the unit working (Editor’s note: emphasis added):

Once an area has been identified as a high crime neighborhood, the select group of officers will saturate the area in an attempt to curb the criminal behavior that is plaguing that particular neighborhood.  Officers will accomplish this in a variety of different methods.  Officers will be working to identify residents in the affected area so that we can better serve our affected neighborhoods.  Most often, this identification process will be nothing more than making contact with a subject, handing them a business card, and asking if they live in the area and if there’s anything we can do for them.  During hours in which crime seems to be more prevalent (i.e. between the hours of 11pm and 5 am), our process will become more stringent.  We will be asking for picture identification.  We will be ascertaining where the subject lives and what they are doing in the area.  We will be keeping a record of those we contact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the dollar collapses we will see a total police state and I think this is just a trial balloon to see how the public will react to their rights being violated,probing,testing to see how much they can get away with.

This is nothing more than a government sponsored test to gauge public reactions. This is a Police State if I have ever seen one. If I were the governor I would be sending in State Police to replace all the town’s police and fire the leadership. This is pathetic !

This is why liberal in Washington are always attempting to disarm citizens. Sooner or later the ballooning debt bubble created by liberals is going to pop……and they know citizens will hunt them down and inject their own justice(think french revolution) on all these social elitist that bankrupted the nation to buy votes. The heads of the federal reserve know this as well…. as they are charges us 875,000,000 dollars a day interest on money we quote unquote borrowed that they never even had.
They know that an equally armed citizenry will run through their forces just because of the shear numbers alone.

“Those that suppress freedom always do so in the name of law and order.” – John V. Lindsey

If this had happened 20 or 30 years ago the news would have been all over this for days and heads would have rolled. The government is slowly but methodically taking over every corner and our clueless citizens sit down and watch it happen. One day they will wake up but by then the only alternatives will be submission or revolution !

Wait until these government robots are told there ain’t no more money to support their fat pensions.

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian.”--Henry Ford

Tags: Arkansas, crime, freedoms, law, martial, police

Views: 4882

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting article.

I would rather take my chances with the criminal element than live in a police state.  They are giving Obama just exactly what he wants.

My sentiment exactly. To be free requires personal responsibility and some risks.

Indeed they are, and this fiscal cliff thing is another example of just that.  This half-breed wants the authority to raise the debt limit anytime, and for anything he sees fit.  Any one with a pea size brain can see where, and why he wants this authority, unless of course your are a liberal.  His intent is to slowly, and deliberetly break, and bankrupt this country.  If we don't get some level headed conservatives in congress to wake-up and go against this evil monster we as a free country are doomed.  It will soon be time to count the votes from the electoral college, and when it is done there just has to be one republican to step up and object to the count, and Florida which was riddled by voter fraud will be the state to be put on the table as a good example. Just one senator, and one congressmen, do we have two, one of each with a pair?  It could even be a woman, I'm hoping Michele Bachman will lead the way, since most of our wimpy,feminen males are dubious, and impudent.

I totally agree with you James...........

I love how the criminal are the only ones who have civil rights anymore.

You are absolutely right, Mike.  I think the Civil Rights Legislation of 1964 was so criminals could be pampered and fluff while in jail. (The Law directs they must have access to Cable TV for news and weather, they can "demand" certain types of hair cuts,  they go to the hospital and have all kinds of procedures done at the LOCAL taxpayers' expense, etc.)   The Civil Rights Legislation of 1964 also directs  that bad Lawyers could be paid out local tax coffers to "FORCE" us to abide by the 1963 Supreme Court Decision given to the atheist O'Hare to take Prayer, Bible Reading and the Ten Commandments of Almighty God, and The Lord left them to their own devises and now look at the disaster.  The Civil Rights legislation of 1964 needs REPEALED, Everyone has the Bill of Rights.

What is happening is Arkansas is exactly opposite to American Law.  The authorities assume you are guilty, and you have to prove you are not.   I thought American Law was "Innocent until proven guilty."

When the 1963 Supreme Court Decision was given to the atheist O'Hare to take Prayer, Bible reading and the Ten Commandments from the public schools, God left the public schools and now the public schools are full of   Humanists.  We'd better beg God for His forgiveness,  Put those 10 Commandments back in the public schools, have Prayer and Bible reading in American public schools,  because God is not pleased with what is going on in America. 

For God & Country

I thought requiring you to have to show ID would disenfranchise you. Maybe some people have no clue as to how to get an ID. Is this not what our so called stupid leaders claim.

Only when it comes to voting

We’ve been in spiritual warfare since Saul Alinsky dedicated his “Rules for Radicals” to Lucifer. Obama and his handlers have been using Luciferian tactics against us for years, and we refuse to fight back except with muddled logic. Think about it over Christmas. We either win the spiritual battle or we’re done.

With regard to Sandy Hook Elementary, “Jesus wept.” John 11:35 – and so did America

With regard to gun control: Jesus’ admonition in Matthew 12:29 and Mark 9:40:  

“How can anyone enter a strong man’s house and make off with his property unless he first ties him securely? Only then can he rob his house. He who is not with me is against me…”

Seems fitting, given my local paper’s “progressive” mindset. I put my left wing paper down, and did my Cryptoquip and crossword puzzle.

We've already won the battle Jerry.....While Christ hung on the cross, he Stated "It Is Finished." Satan is fighting hard because he knows his time is coming to an end. Sandy Hook is evidence. As Christians, we must tell our brothers the "GOOD NEWS." We are in a spiritual battle, but GOD states we are overcomers. Fight the good fight, we can still have joy in our spirit while still in the battle. 

Amendment IV of the Constitution of the United States of America:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, SHALL NOT BE VIOLATED, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon PROBABLE CAUSE, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

This is not to protect criminals, but to suppress an oppressive and tryannical State government. I practice my own form of nullification, and refuse to acknowlege actions by municipal, state or federal agencies that violate the Constitution they were SWORN BY OATH to defend!

RSS

Yes! Let’s Block Ebola Flights And Secure Our Borders From This Bioterror Threat!
Be sure to Sign the Petition Here

Blog Posts

Take Back the GOP!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Grassfire Nation.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service