Patriot Action Network

Standing against big government and for the people!

Here’s the Chart That Supporters of Assault Weapons Ban Don't Want to See

FBI Data Shows Only Small Number of Murders in U.S. Committed With Rifles

The Blaze,

While anti-gun advocates argue that banning semi-automatic rifles, like the popular AR-15, will help decrease shooting deaths in the U.S., FBI data suggests that the average American is more likely to be killed by “hands, fists” or “feet” than a rifle. The anti-gun crowd has intensified its calls for a federal assault weapons ban following the tragedy in Newtown, Conn. last week.

“Yes, massacres tend to be done with weapons like this. But not most gun murders in the U.S.: a vast majority of gun murders in the U.S. are committed with a handgun,” The Washington Examiner’s Timothy Carney writes.

As you can see in the chart pictured above, the vast majority of murders in the U.S. are indeed committed with handguns, not rifles. More people were killed with shotguns (373), knifes/blades (1,704) and “other weapon[s]” (1,772) more often than they were with rifles in 2010, which were reportedly used in 358 murders that year.

Whether it’s a knife, gun or a fist, will a “ban” of any kind sway a deranged individual’s decision to take human lives?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s the original source for that data, only from 2011:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in...

Problem is, liberals don’t care about the facts.

If my friend had kept his gun loaded and close instead of unloaded and locked away, he and his wife would still be alive today. They were murdered in cold blood by a punk with a knife.

You mean Piers Morgan really is a loony bin? You mean he really doesn’t give a rip about facts and he’s just an emotional sissy Brit that wants to BAN GUNS. That’s right, liberals care nothing, NOTHING about real facts:

We already knew Piers Morgan was a flaming liberal and has a serious attitude problem, but when he called Larry Pratt an, "an unbelievably stupid man" and said, "you are talking complete and utter nonsense" that becomes an attack rather than interviewing and simply disagreeing with someone.

Interesting that the actual facts show that far more people are killed with knives than rifles. Just a few days ago there were a bunch of libs in another comment section claiming the opposite.

Why am I not surprised?

And besides, they never consider that TOTAL murder may go UP if you take the guns from those that obey laws. Heck, even if you could magically get all guns from the criminals, it could still go up. The root problem here is evil spreading to the hearts of more and more people, encouraged by liberals (more death, says Maher, let’s kill children say abortionists, you’re just a cosmic mistake say the atheists, etc.)

We need to come back to God — who is Love. :)

Leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 599,413
Cancer: 567,628
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
Alzheimer’s disease: 79,003
Diabetes: 68,705
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
Nephritis, nephritic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909

Should we ban ice cream, Doritos, McDonald’s, fried chicken, donuts, microwaves, vaccines, soda, candy, alcohol, and cigarettes?

In the US, active smoking, adult obesity, medical errors, and drunk driving has killed way more people than firearms ever has. Firearms is not even the top ten leading causes of death.

Tags: 2012, Chart, Federal, Obama, assault, ban, gun, laws, rifles

Views: 4697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The libs don't want address the REAL leading cause of death in this country; the slaughtering of the most innocent and defencless among us. The abortion of millions of the unborn!

Don"t forget about banning the wheel. The wheel has caused more deaths than firearms have.

Thanks for this blog.

One thing you must remember about this chart. If it was branded on the left wing nut jobs forhead with a dvd running through a digital connection to their brain, it would not make any difference in their thinking. It's all about following the master and if he led them straight into hell,they'd follow obama.

I came up with the answer to why all democrats think and say the same thing no matter which one of them you ask any question. When they were born mom and dad democrats set this tape recorder in the bed with the little one so they could listen to the same old s*** while growing up. This is why they can't think for them selves and have the mob mentallty.e left wing.

Everybody I talked to day while I was out and about just shake their head about the stupidity of the left wingers. You must becareful not to over react and twist your head off your neck.

The assult weapons ban was passed and in force 10 years and all it will do now is drive up gun and ammo sales and with 8,000 people signing up for the NRA our base will be bigger for the fight.

Now if we couold just get 8,000 folks to join us at the Tea Party what do you think would happen in D.C. and Congress?

Bruce

What u realy need to put up here is deaths by automobiles. remember we are concerned about deaths, and if i had to bet the auto will surpass all the deaths including children. But nobody has mentioned this, the mother that put her kids in the car and let it roll down the boat ramp, the drug and booze impaired drivers, or the elderly like me that dont drive that well. But most of all the mentally impaired, that the doctors know its just a matter of tyme, before the cheese falls completly off the cracker, and the same old excuse. We will get them on a program, meanwhile these sick people are amoung us to do what ever their minds tell them to do. SAD but scary

If the gubbment is listening and eavesdropping on all our conversations and email and texts...  ALL US DECENT PEOPLE... wouldn't it make sense for them to stop, and use the money and energy on catching whack-o's???  Or am I again the only one wondering about sensible solutions rather than CONTROL or More Laws the pukeaticians CLAIM don't work????

The term "Assault Weapon" is just a media invention. Any weapon used to assault another person is technically an assault weapon be it an AR-15,12 Ga. shotgun, knife, fist, arrow, or a bar stool. As a 26 year retired military I can telll you that I never heard the term "Assault Weapon" used during my entired time in. It was after I retired and heard it from the talking heads on TV.

Timothy Mc Veigh killed 168 and he didn't use a gun.  He used fertilizer instead.  Are we going to outlaw fertilizer.  We need to outlaw Obama, Pelosi, Reid and Feinstein, because they puts out a lot of fertilizer with his BS.

But Richard, Tim Mcveigh did not put the demolition charges inside the building

Umgelsteten has a great point....
We are being played by a Sensationalistic Media...they don't care about reporting facts,anymore. No more REAL JOURNALISTS In this country....
They are dependent on the hand that feeds them.... Guess who that is? Hint: 2words: it starts with a Fed and ends with an ent...
I'm not even sure I'm down with FOX anymore.....They have not said one word about eligibility or possible voting fraud..
NOT Hannity, O'Reilly,Beier, fill in the blank conservative "reporter"....nothing,nada,zippo....
Not one damn word.....WOW!!
Who do we believe for "real news reporting " anymore?.......PJ

THIS IS WHAT THEY KNOW TOO, BUT IF THEY GET RID OF RIFLES, LATER THEY WILL POINT AT HAND GUNS AND GET THEM GONE TOO.

RSS

Yes! Let’s Block Ebola Flights And Secure Our Borders From This Bioterror Threat!
Be sure to Sign the Petition Here
Get Your PAN T-Shirt! 

Take Back the GOP!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Grassfire Nation.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service