Patriot Action Network

Standing against big government and for the people!

Here’s the Chart That Supporters of Assault Weapons Ban Don't Want to See

FBI Data Shows Only Small Number of Murders in U.S. Committed With Rifles

The Blaze,

While anti-gun advocates argue that banning semi-automatic rifles, like the popular AR-15, will help decrease shooting deaths in the U.S., FBI data suggests that the average American is more likely to be killed by “hands, fists” or “feet” than a rifle. The anti-gun crowd has intensified its calls for a federal assault weapons ban following the tragedy in Newtown, Conn. last week.

“Yes, massacres tend to be done with weapons like this. But not most gun murders in the U.S.: a vast majority of gun murders in the U.S. are committed with a handgun,” The Washington Examiner’s Timothy Carney writes.

As you can see in the chart pictured above, the vast majority of murders in the U.S. are indeed committed with handguns, not rifles. More people were killed with shotguns (373), knifes/blades (1,704) and “other weapon[s]” (1,772) more often than they were with rifles in 2010, which were reportedly used in 358 murders that year.

Whether it’s a knife, gun or a fist, will a “ban” of any kind sway a deranged individual’s decision to take human lives?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s the original source for that data, only from 2011:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in...

Problem is, liberals don’t care about the facts.

If my friend had kept his gun loaded and close instead of unloaded and locked away, he and his wife would still be alive today. They were murdered in cold blood by a punk with a knife.

You mean Piers Morgan really is a loony bin? You mean he really doesn’t give a rip about facts and he’s just an emotional sissy Brit that wants to BAN GUNS. That’s right, liberals care nothing, NOTHING about real facts:

We already knew Piers Morgan was a flaming liberal and has a serious attitude problem, but when he called Larry Pratt an, "an unbelievably stupid man" and said, "you are talking complete and utter nonsense" that becomes an attack rather than interviewing and simply disagreeing with someone.

Interesting that the actual facts show that far more people are killed with knives than rifles. Just a few days ago there were a bunch of libs in another comment section claiming the opposite.

Why am I not surprised?

And besides, they never consider that TOTAL murder may go UP if you take the guns from those that obey laws. Heck, even if you could magically get all guns from the criminals, it could still go up. The root problem here is evil spreading to the hearts of more and more people, encouraged by liberals (more death, says Maher, let’s kill children say abortionists, you’re just a cosmic mistake say the atheists, etc.)

We need to come back to God — who is Love. :)

Leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 599,413
Cancer: 567,628
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
Alzheimer’s disease: 79,003
Diabetes: 68,705
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
Nephritis, nephritic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909

Should we ban ice cream, Doritos, McDonald’s, fried chicken, donuts, microwaves, vaccines, soda, candy, alcohol, and cigarettes?

In the US, active smoking, adult obesity, medical errors, and drunk driving has killed way more people than firearms ever has. Firearms is not even the top ten leading causes of death.

Tags: 2012, Chart, Federal, Obama, assault, ban, gun, laws, rifles

Views: 4697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Operation Northwood was planned as an excuse to go to war with Cuba until President Kennedy found out about it and stopped its execution, a trumped up attack on a U. S. destroyer by North Vietnamese torpedo boats in 1964 was used as an excuse to get us involved in Vietnam,  the Kennedy assassination was used as an excuse to pass the 1968 NFA, and the Oklahoma City Murrah building bombing in 1995 was used as an excuse to pass the Domestic Terrorism bill which failed to pass in 1993, and the 9/11/2001 attack is used to continually strip Americans of their Constitutional rights, the school shooting in Connecticut is being used as an excuse to strip American gun owners of their guns. Do you see a pattern here?

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." Rham Emanuel

Did you really mean to say an "orchestrated crisis"... cause I can believe that more and moe lately than these events being "random" actions....  But then... look who's running this place...  Look how he got there...  Deception...  whats another 20 kids on top of "some" Diplomats, and a "couple ex Seals"....  to someone like this...???  How so many can be SO wrong is just stupefying..... 

And here I was hoping the Mayans were partially right....  (I was praying for the evil people to be taken).... DRAT...

A crisis that the government created.  Connecticut is one of many of the northern "blue" states that has more gun regulations than most of the other states, yet, this happens in their restrictive state.  Automobile wrecks caused by drunk drivers kill more people than any gun has ever done....are they wanting to restrict automobiles now, or do they just jail and prosecute the offender?  Of course, they only prosecute because banning automobiles would be a stupid idea....same goes for the gun....I believe our forefathers forsaw the type of government that we have now when they wrote the Constitution and Bill of Rights as they had first hand experience with a tyranical government...the King of England.  Because they saw this, they told the citizens of this country that it is our duty to replace such tyranny and they gave us the Second Amendment to the Constitution to preserve our Republic.  I guess our tyranical government does not understand what "shall not be infringed" means.  I belive that Thomas Jefferson put it as plainly as you can get...."Those who pound their guns to plows...will plow for those who do not"....a man of superior intelligence....this holds true today...take our guns, but the criminals will still have them.

David Purcell,

So very few know this.  I have told people this in the past and they always look at me like I am off my meds.  You are 100% correct.  You must have worked for the government or knew someone that did.

David,

Suggest you direct people to JPFO.org

They have tons of data, resources, even free downloadable videos.

Steven, yes sir, I worked for the government both in the military and for DoD as a civilian, I finally got fed up with the "culture" and decided to leave.

Obama and the anti-gun lobby are using this "crisis" to take more rights away from gun owners and jeopardizing our 2nd amendment rights as well. Funny how these same people have hoards of armed guards following them daily. Now that is hyprocracy at it's highest level.

Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control!

AND responsibility SHOULD BE the individuals... 

Excellent Bill!

I would also like to add that gun-free zones create the idea for mass shootings; the devil's playground if you will, where our society has set the stage for people who want fame to carry out those mass shootings. Those types are looking to make a sizeable "impact" to leave behind as their "legacy." If you took away the open season setting and added to that the possibility he/she may be killed before they accomplished their fame, then perhaps they would think twice. 

The Gov of NY said he is prepared to confiscate New Yorkers guns. What an a--.

RSS

Yes! Let’s Block Ebola Flights And Secure Our Borders From This Bioterror Threat!
Be sure to Sign the Petition Here
Get Your PAN T-Shirt! 

Take Back the GOP!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Grassfire Nation.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service